Aaron began his programming career helping develop the Rightsrouter Digital Rights Management platform (which sold to Broad Street Digital) before joining the team at 2Fluid where he developed sites for clients such as Tennent’s, and Betfair. After 2Fluid Aaron went on to co-found a successful development agency, help develop a multi-award winning e-learning platform and most recently has been consulting with Glasgow city council's Open Data project. Outside of work Aaron is a STEM Ambassedor, a member of the British Computing Society and has mentored for several hacker weekends including Sicamp Kosovo, Start-up weekend and Glasgow Hackathon.
Twig World Limited 2012-04-01 — 2014-09-10
Twig World is an award-winning digital media company offering film-based products via a subscription service. They provide resources for schools in over 50 countries and in 14 languages.
- Helped develop the Twig and Tigtag applications which deliver streaming video to thousands of schools all over the world in 14 different languages.
- Oversaw the development of their server infrastructure, deployment process and continuous integration.
- Handled all recruitment to build the team from just two developers to a dozen.
- Conceived and developed Twig's first hardware appliance, the Twig Box.
Level Up (Scotland) Ltd 2011-04-01 —
Level Up is a specialised development agency who build websites, mobile applications and other software for a range of clients.
- Participated all aspects of the business from initial founding and fund raising through to client pitches and application development.
Matador Group 2010-09-01 — 2011-04-01
Matador was a "full stack" digital agency. Providing branding, web design and web development for clients such as Betfair.
- Management of development teams and projects.
- Planned and rolled out new development architecture and technology stack.
- Responsible for high volume of new sales and improved client relations.
- Developed complex applications for key clients.
2FluidCreative 2006-01-01 — 2010-09-01
2Fluid was a large creative agency covering everything from branding and print to web applications.
- Developed websites for key clients such as Asda, Pearl and Dean, Tennent's, Simple Minds and Lanarkshire Council.
Rightsrouter 2005-05-01 — 2006-01-01
Rightsrouter was a Digital Rights Management platform which enabled online music stores such as iTunes to quickly and easily connect with rights holders to purchase a license to distribute content. It later sold to Broad Street Digital.
- Developed internal applications for the automated processing of audio masters and associated meta-data which could then be uploaded to services such as iTunes and 7Digital.
STEMnet 2013-12-01 —
STEM Ambassadors use their enthusiasm and commitment to encourage young people to enjoy STEM subjects. They open the doors to a world of opportunities and possibilities which come from pursuing STEM subjects and careers. ! STEM Ambassadors not only inspire young people, they also support teachers in the classroom by explaining current applications of STEM in industry or research.
Social Innovation Camp 2009-05-01 —
Social Innovation Camp brings together ideas, people and digital tools to build web-based solutions to social problems – all in just 48 hours.
Social Innovation Camp Kosovo 2015-05-01 —
In 2012 Kosovo held its first ever Social Innovation camp in association with UNICEF. I was asked by them to Mentor at the camp, providing advice and direction to the teams throughout the weekend.
The Chartered Institute for IT —
Runner Up – Best Digital Media Solution
Server side development
Client side development
- CSS3 / less
Deployment & CI
Aaron is a very smart and charismatic manager who is always incredibly calm under pressure. He has an incredible knowledge of the web and is always sure to have multiple good ideas about how to solve any given problem. He is also good at translating elaborate and complicated technical plans into something that non- technical people can comprehend and deliver them in a way that inspires confidence.
— Kevin Brolly
Aaron is one of the few web developers I've ever met who seeks to clarify rather than mystify the subject for clients. Talented, trustworthy and a pleasure to deal with.
— Michael Feeley
Aaron is amazing! I work with Carolina Biological and Twig, where Aaron is Technical Lead, was able to move as quick as any start-up content development company I have ever seen in my 28 year career in the education technology industry.
— Bruce Wilcox
Aaron is a seriously smart cookie with incredible all-round knowledge of web and digital technologies allied to great energy and motivation. In addition to his considerable technical/programming know-how, he also offers excellent creative and communication skills. An outgoing and friendly chap to boot, I would happily recommend Aaron.
— Laurence Hughes